This job has now expired
The Youth and Philanthropy Initiative (YPI) is an innovative citizenship programme which gives pupils a ‘hands on’ experience of philanthropy that provides them with the skills and awareness to make a positive difference to their communities.
Pupils work in small teams to research the social needs of their community and identify the local charity they believe makes the most positive contribution. Pupils visit, interview and build relations with their chosen charity and, following skills training, present on their work. The team judged to have made the best presentation in each school is granted £3,000 to award to their charity.
YPI has just been awarded significant Government funding to scale up across the Midlands, the North West and Northern Ireland. We are looking for an inspirational director to lead the YPI team and to play a pivotal role within the YPI England team.
YPI is a programme of the Toskan Casale Foundation, which is based in Canada.
Key responsibilities of Director:
• Overseeing the strategic growth and development of YPI in England and Northern Ireland
• Recruiting and managing the staff in the YPI team
• Fundraising for the programme and budget management
• Managing relations with funders and other key partners
• Overseeing the governance of YPI in England
• Oversee and ensure YPI is delivered to a high standard in all participating schools
• Liaise with the Toskan Casale Foundation in programme strategy, planning and delivery.
• Raise required funds for the programme to continue on a sustainable basis
• Help with the delivery of YPI in schools and train staff as appropriate
• Update the YPI curriculum as appropriate and requested by TCF
• Marketing the programme to schools across England
• Representing YPI England in PR and press opportunities
• Overseeing the organisation of the YPI end of year event, presentations, awards and gifts to charities.
Key team relationships:
• This role will work closely with YPI teams in Scotland and Canada
• Develop strong relationships with existing and future funders
• Management of the YPI team
• Experience of fundraising and managing relations with donors
• 2-4 years’ experience of managing a team
• Experience of managing and successfully growing a project
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders ranging from teachers and partners to donors.
• Strong communication skills (both written and oral); capable of liaising with organisations and individuals all over the world.
• Entrepreneurially minded and creative thinking with the ability to implement ideas.
• Confident leadership and management abilities
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV and cover letter by clicking on the 'Apply now' button.
Closing date: 12pm on 20th July
1st round interviews: 23rd July
2nd round interview: 24th July