This job has now expired
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales, currently employing over 1,600 people and with more than 166 branches. Its mission is to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate suffering of all animals, nationally and internationally. The Society funds its annual running costs, currently in excess of £100m, almost exclusively by voluntary donations and legacies.
We are looking for a robust, confident Regional Director to lead and direct the Southern division of the RSPCA to ensure operational animal welfare services are delivered.
• Overall management responsibility for a large, multi-disciplined team.
• Supporting, developing and growing the capacity of our branches and volunteers and overseeing their work.
• Acting as the Society’s spokesperson for the region.
• Driving forward organisational objectives and be committed to best practice.
You will have:
• Proven people management and communication skills
• Experience of working with trustees, volunteers or non-executives
• Proven skills in strategic planning and implementation
• Considerable experience in a senior management role within a large multi-disciplinary organisation, delivering services at a strategic level
• Commitment to the mission of the RSPCA and passion for its purpose.
Closing date for receipt of applications:
27 July 2012