This job has now expired
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to co-ordinate and support existing voluntary activity and establish new volunteering initiatives. The successful candidate will develop and implement best practice in how Brain Tumour UK works with volunteers. He or she will need to have experience of volunteering, excellent communication skills and enjoy working with volunteers. Experience of developing new volunteering projects would be an advantage.
The post-holder will be expected to contribute to the charity’s overall vision and direction, working as a key player in a small and friendly team.
They will also be responsible for managing their workload and expected to act on their own initiative, helping to create and drive new developments forward.
Progressing voluntary involvement is core to our strategic aims.
The post is available initially for a period of one year.
This is a national role which will grow and co-ordinate volunteer activity across Brain Tumour UK.
Responsible for:Volunteering Development
Key relationships - Internal
Heads of Department, Development Co-ordinators; Community Fundraisers; other staff and volunteers.
Key relationships - External
Volunteering organisations and brokerage agencies in England, Scotland and Wales; healthcare professionals at neuroscience hospitals; relevant health and voluntary sector groups and alliances
Key Result Areas
1. Develop a volunteering strategy within the framework of Brain Tumour UK’s Business and Departmental Plans
2. Ensure that policies, standards and best practice for effective volunteer management are in place for recruiting ,inducting, supporting, training, recognising and promoting volunteers
3. Provide expert advice, support and coaching to BTUK staff, volunteers and trustees on all matters relating to volunteering
4. Generate and maintain up-to-date information on national/regional/local volunteering roles, and volunteer projects and pilots, based on the needs of the charity and its beneficiaries
5. Research, recommend and develop new volunteering roles and projects
6. Broaden the range of people involved in voluntary work at Brain Tumour UK
7. Ensure training and personal development opportunities for volunteers are provided to meet the charity’s and volunteers’ needs
8. Lead or support others in volunteer recruitment through new and traditional media and ensure volunteers are appropriately matched, inducted and trained
9. Encourage colleagues to think laterally to foster understanding of the value of the volunteer contribution and to build growth and commitment
10. Monitor and report progress against agreed voluntary activity in key areas; produce a monthly report
11. Attend relevant external voluntary and health sector meetings
12. Manage a volunteering budget and ensure offer of volunteer expenses
13. Undertake any other reasonable duties compatible with the post
To apply, please complete and submit an application and monitoring form, including supporting statement of no more than two pages outlining how you meet the Job Description and Person Specification. Please also attach a Curriculum Vitae that further details your employment history and qualifications.
Your application form should include the names, positions, organisations and telephone and email contact numbers for two referees including one from your current or a recent employer.
Please ensure that you have included your work, home and telephone contact numbers and email addresses. Applications should be made by email or post and must be received by 5pm Friday 10th August 2012. We will be holding interviews during the week beginning 20th August 2012.
Please either email your full application, CV and monitoring form to email@example.com, or post to:
Brain Tumour UK
Equal opportunity forms will be removed before the selection process. Data from them will be used to ensure that recruitment procedures are consistent with Brain Tumour UK’s Equal Opportunities policy.
All enquiries and applications will be treated in complete confidence. Should you decide to make a formal application, Brain Tumour UK will email receipt of your completed application form and let you know if you have been shortlisted for interview. If no further correspondence from us is received within 3 weeks of the closing date you must assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply, please click apply now
Closing date: Friday 10th August 2012
Interviews: w/b 20th August 2012
The Brain Tumour UK website is www.braintumouruk.org.uk
How to apply
You are required to submit an additional application form when applying for this job. Please download the form below (or from the top of the page) and complete it before applying for this job.
Have the completed form ready on your computer to attach to your application. Click 'Apply now' and that's it.