This job has now expired
To oversee administrative arrangements of the Research Team and support the BLF’s research funding function.
1. RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION ADMINISTRATION: Logging and processing of applications for BLF research grants. Sending materials to the BLF Scientific Committee to facilitate grant evaluation. Facilitating meetings of the Scientific Committee and taking minutes.
2. GRANT FINANCE: Processing invoice payments for BLF research grants in a timely fashion, monitoring grantholder budgets and dealing with any relevant queries that arise.
3. PROGRESS REPORTS: Responsible for requesting annual progress reports from BLF research grant-holders when appropriate and ensuring they arrive on time.
4. GRANTS DATABASE: Maintaining and updating the Research Grants electronic database (MS Access).
5. RESEARCH FILING: Maintenance of paper grant files and general research department filing system.
6. EVENTS: Supporting the organisation and execution of BLF research-related events.
7. ENQUIRIES: Act as the main contact point for Research enquiries and monitor the research enquiries email account.
8. GENERAL TASKS: Help with general tasks to help the Head of Research as and when required. This may include managing the team diary, maintaining stocks of stationery and booking travel as appropriate.
Please see our website for full job description by clicking on the 'Apply now' button.