This job has now expired
Circus Starr, a not for profit community interest company, is an all human touring circus. We currently perform in 75 towns across the UK each year and aim to make a lasting impact through our unique Donated Ticket Scheme, whereby tickets are given completely free of charge to children’s charities and community groups enabling disadvantaged children to enjoy a memorable day at the circus.
Any surplus we make from the shows is donated to our local charity partners. We work with over 70 local charities in the UK each year, raising their profile within the communities in which they operate.
We are seeking a Fundraising Manager who will have responsibility for significant income generation from community fundraising activities. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a newly created role; the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering the fundraising strategy, budget and operational plan. Further responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting and managing volunteers and supporters
- Researching and writing funding bids to charitable trusts, voluntary grant makers and statutory funders
- Developing new supporters through Membership schemes
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in fundraising and a successful track record in developing new income generation projects and the achievement of targets
- Experience of managing volunteers and/or paid staff
- The ability to build relationships with a range of individuals and organisations
- Experience in securing funding from statutory and/or charitable trusts and voluntary grant makers
- Experience in managing budgets and the ability to develop and implement plans
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills at all levels
Salary: £25,000 plus bonus.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the "Apply" button below