This job has now expired
Stuff about us...
At LKMco we believe that society has a duty to ensure children receive the support they need in order to make a fulfilling transition to adulthood. Children and young people are not just their parents’ responsibility and it is crucial that our schools and youth organisations provide them with the best quality support to make sure all their needs are met.
We work towards our vision by helping a range of organisations develop projects for young people. We also provide teacher training and improvement services to schools. We use our experience on the ground to inform research and advocacy on issues that affect young people.
Stuff about the job...
We’re looking for someone to grow our impact and get involved in everything. We can’t tell you exactly what you’ll be doing because we’re counting on you to tell us a lot of that but it will involve:
- Producing original research by gathering and analysing qualitative and quantitative data. Keeping up to date with new publications, marshalling a range of sources quickly, evaluating them and synthesising them clearly.
- Attending events and expanding our network. Meeting with people, learning from them and securing new business.
- Lots of writing: Blogs, articles, reports and emails.
- Advising organisations and developing programs with/for them.
- Spending time in schools: hopefully you will have something to offer schools, it might be improvement planning, training, mentoring and/or coaching
- Coming up with new ideas and leading your own projects and initiatives.
We don’t just want you to work for LKMco. We want you to be part of it. We are relatively new and want someone to come in and help shape the organisation. A successful associate would progress rapidly and take on increasing responsibility for the organisation’s future.
You will need to:
- Further our 10 social impact indicators by articulating our vision, inspiring people to pursue it and enabling people and organisations to achieve it.
- Generate income. Your role should pay for itself. This means you will need to behave commercially as well as socially, selling yourself and LKMco.
- Work with us in an enjoyable and productive way. You should challenge and support us and make working together fun.
Stuff about you...
- You build rapport quickly and are energetic and enterprising. Seeing a problem invariably leads you to spot a solution. You have ideas and follow them through.
- You have a collaborative approach (but might be a wee bit competitive too).
- You are comfortable mixing the social and the professional.
- You have several years’ experience working with disadvantaged young people in challenging settings in the UK.
- You have carried out rigorous research.
- You have held leadership and management positions.
- You have designed and led training that resulted in measurable improvements.
- You have planned and delivered successful projects at a significant scale.
- You have a detailed understanding of education and youth policy/research.
- You are up to date with current policy changes and trends in the sector.
- You learn quickly. You can take on new and unfamiliar challenges but get up to speed quickly
- You write extremely well. You adapt your style to suit different genres including media (traditional and social), blogs, academic and policy reports
- You think strategically in order to plan how organisations can best meet their goals
- You are completely at home making presentations and speaking to unfamiliar audiences
- You work flexibly and efficiently. You can work from different places and manage your time creatively, balancing periods of intense work with quieter periods. You are self-motivated and don’t need to be told what to do.