This job has now expired
This role will include you leading the Public Relations activity for the Charities campaigns and policy team, in addition to managing the press office and PR information and evaluation function
- The role will require management of the News and Campaigns PR team, ensuring 24/7 rota is implemented to respond to journalists enquiries
- To create and implement strategic public relations plans to respond to the news agenda and advise on campaigning and policy activities in order to increase engagement with the Charity
- To proactively develop innovative and creative media relations activities from policy statements and other campaigning activities
- To develop robust and up-to-date policy positioning statements forthe Charityin line with organisational objectives.
- To manage the output of the News and Campaigns PR team, directing its work within agreed objectives and signing off all news and campaigns press releases in line with agreed broad positioning messages.
- To direct the work of the PR Information and Evaluation Officer, ensuring that the case study database, media evaluation function and other information provision is meeting the needs of the whole PR unit, the Marketing and Communications Section and the wider organisation.
- To allocate integrated communications projects across the Public Relations (News and Campaigns) team, ensuring that public relations is represented on cross-functional working groups.
- To work with the Web and Digital Marketing unit to ensure ensuring that the Charity's social media activity is developed and delivered in a manner which is consistent and complementary to public relations plans and activity
Who we're looking for
- Specialist knowledge and skills
- Knowledge at a senior level within a media relations team, ideally with in-house charity or experience of working with a charity.
- Able to deliver high profile proactive and reactive PR activity for multi-media platform campaigns.
- Proven track record in delivering PR activity for campaigning activities
- Knowledge of the national media (press, broadcast and online), consumer, regional and specialist media, and of media trends and development
- Able to establish contacts with relevant media
- Knowledge of generating proactive targeted media coverage in a news environment
- Proven track recordof responding to high level reactive media enquiries
- Prior knowledgeof organising media events
- Demonstrable skills inbriefing senior spokespeople and case studies for interview
- Proven track recordof working with and generating coverage in trade and specialist press
- Able to workwithcase studies
About our client
A London based Charity