This job has now expired
Development & Alumni Relations Office
Development Executive (Two posts)
£37,012 - £44,166 pa
To raise major philanthropic gifts for the University of Warwick and establish a culture of philanthropy across the departments. To work in the DARO team to achieve at least £50m of philanthropic income by 2015 and maintain a dynamic portfolio of prospects, ensuring appropriate stewardship of current donors and stakeholders.
One post will initially focus on health and the other initially will focus on £1,000-£10,000 gifts.
You will care passionately about higher education, understanding its major contribution to society and possess outstanding communications skills, both verbally and written, to articulate the University’s vision. You will be driven, enjoy thinking laterally, working with people from all walks of life and, whilst entrepreneurial in spirit, able to maintain accurate records.
For informal enquiries regarding this post, please contact Mary McGrath, Director of Fundraising, on 024 7652 2661 or click Apply now.
Closing date: 25 June 2012
Interview date: 9th July 2012
• To raise major philanthropic gifts for the University of Warwick
• To establish a culture of philanthropy for the benefit of departments
• To work in the DARO team to achieve at least £50m of philanthropic income by 2015
• To maintain a dynamic portfolio of prospects, ensuring appropriate stewardship of current donors and stakeholders
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To ask individuals, corporations, charitable trusts and charities directly for financial support and to make applications for funding to grant making bodies, working to agreed targets
• To identify, cultivate and develop relationships with potential donors and advocates, including: alumni; individuals; corporations; charitable trusts and foundations
• To work as a member of the Fundraising Team to create and implement fundraising strategies for raising funds from alumni, key stakeholders and interested parties and friends of the University in support of the University’s Campaign
• To manage relations with donors to ensure they remain engaged and that any agreements made with them are fulfilled:
- Ensuring regular reportage and accountability for own portfolio of donors and prospects
- Maintaining the relationship with donors following a gift in order to appropriately thank them and create opportunities for further support
• To present allocated areas of the current Campaign to targeted constituencies through a variety of media and focussed events
• To involve and educate staff internally in the development strategy in order to encourage unity behind the development process
• To work with Deans and Heads of Academic Departments and Senior Officers to secure philanthropic donations – to identify projects and to secure gifts after initial negotiations with prospects
• To assist and advise Academics and the Senior Management team on all matters related to charitable funding
• To work with other members of DARO and, in particular, the fundraising team to maximise the opportunities for philanthropic support of Warwick
• To maintain accurate records using standard office procedures which can be easily transcribed into accountable KPIs, suggesting new systems where appropriate
Click here for further details:https://secure.admin.warwick.ac.uk/webjobs/jobs/management/job12330.html
Click here for an application form
In order to apply for this vacancy select the above link for an application form. This will re-direct you to the University of Warwick Jobs Board at Hirewire.co.uk. Select the vacancy that you wish to apply for and follow the online instructions. Please note that this will be the only accepted method of application for this post.
Minicom users can call 024 7615 0554 if they require any further help.
Please quote job vacancy reference number 71972-052.
The closing date/time for applications is midnight (British time) at the end of Monday 25 June 2012.
For further details on how to apply for a post at Warwick, the employee benefits that we offer, information on Warwick people, what it is like working at Warwick, and more, please see our jobs introduction page.
The university values diversity.