This job has now expired
The Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is a high profile, independent Think Tank established in 2004, whose mission is to put social justice at the heart of British politics. We are currently looking for a Fundraising Manager to work closely within a small dynamic team to raise funds for the CSJ. The CSJ is supported by over 150 inspirational individuals, organisations, trusts and foundations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Assisting to raise the annual budget for the CSJ and helping set the strategy to do this.
• Managing the fundraising team and related activities.
• Relationship management of corporate and charitable donors and creating the related communications strategy .
• Managing and working in conjunction with the Directors and researchers to pitch to new corporate, private and charitable sponsors
• Generating new income via meetings/events
• Drafting of fundraising materials/correspondence
• Producing financial up-dates and analysis for the Board of Directors and Development
• Managing and analysing the fundraising database
• The successful candidate will have a sound interest and understanding of our work and will be a highly personable individual who shows enthusiasm for the mission of the CSJ
• An interest in current affairs is essential and a sound understanding of social policy would be an advantage
• The candidate should be able to demonstrate substantial experience of fundraising either from the financial, charitable or political world
• The successful candidate will be able to pitch successfully and have a track record of good relationship management
• Outstanding efficiency, written skills, management skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• The ability to take the initiative and to work within and to support a team
Start Date: mid-July 2012
Please send a cover letter and CV by clicking Apply now.
Application deadline: 12pm on Friday, 4 July 2012.
Interviews early July