This job has now expired
Myeloma UK is the only organisation in the UK that deals exclusively with myeloma, a complex, debilitating and currently incurable cancer of the plasma cells which are found in the bone marrow.
We are one of the UK’s most respected cancer organisations with an excellent reputation for delivery and success. The organisation’s strategy is to rapidly and systematically address the critical challenges that are slowing down research, the development of and access to new treatments, optimal care, support and information for myeloma patients.
Are you an experienced fundraiser looking for a new challenge?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, driven and highly motivated Community Fundraiser to join a dedicated, forward thinking and dynamic charity. We seek a hard working and focused individual to lead our supporter-led community fundraising activities, building relationships with supporters, meeting income targets and making a significant contribution to the expansion of activity.
Strong fundraising and project management skills are required. You will be highly skilled at recruiting and developing supporters to exceed personal fundraising targets and have the ability to recognise fundraising growth potential. You will also have the ability to channel efforts and activity in a targeted and efficient manner.
You will be a highly competent individual who shares our passion to meet and exceed our own standards.
You should have:
• A degree or equivalent professional experience
• At least two years experience as a fundraiser, planning activity and raising income to meet targets
• Successful and demonstrable experience of recruiting supporters to fundraise and developing relationships for long-term benefit
• Experience with community fundraising, nationally, regionally and locally
• Broad and diverse range of project management experience
• Budget management and reporting experience
• Experience of using a fundraising database, ideally Raiser’s Edge
• Thorough understanding of the needs of supporters and an ability to guide them through their supporter journey
• Knowledge and experience of effective communication and relationship building
The role is office-based in Edinburgh.
To apply for this role, visit our website by clicking Apply now and download the relevant documents or contact Rachel Hallows on 0131 557 3332.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 18 June 2012.
First interviews will be held on Friday 22 June 2012.