This job has now expired
Platform 51 supports vulnerable girls and women as they take control of their own lives. Our life-changing programmes, services and campaigns give women living with abuse, poverty, discrimination and low self-esteem the support they need to improve their lives.
We are now looking for a confident self-starting Fundraising Officer to join the Income Generation and Development team to build relationships with, and secure donations and grants from, trusts, foundations and statutory sources.
• To co-ordinate the development of, and build relationships with, new and existing Statutory funders, Trusts, Foundations and other grant makers
• To maximise unrestricted and restricted income through fundraising from the above audiences
• To undertake donor research and develop high quality bids, proposals and donor reporting
Your responsibilities will include:
• Day-to-day management with other Fundraising Officers, of acquisition and development of trust, foundation and statutory donors
• Preparing and writing innovative bids, proposals and donor reports
• Developing and managing relationships with donors to generate support for our cause
• Working with other Platform 51 teams to gather information, develop funding bids and reports
• Researching donors and prospects and identifying areas of income potential
• Managing and maintaining contact strategies, donor information, reporting schedules and selections on the Raisers Edge database
• Project managing fundraising campaigns through face-to-face, written and telephone contact
You will have proven experience of:
• Successful fundraising through formal bid writing, creative proposal development, and informative report writing
• Researching prospective donors and interpreting information for successful funding applications
• Successfully delivering six figure income
• Managing and building high level donor relationships
• Working effectively within a similar role within the voluntary sector
You will have:
• Degree level or equivalent, ideally Business Studies, English, Marketing, Humanities
• Excellent written English and a confident and creative proposal/report writer
• Computer literate with experience of database systems, able to manage and interpret data for fundraising purposes
• Experience of managing effective donor/client relationships
• Well organised with strong attention to detail
• Excellent organisation, communication and IT skills
• Certificate in Fundraising Management would be desirable
Due to the nature of this role you may be expected to occasionally work outside normal office hours. You will also be expected to occasionally travel across England and Wales to visit our Centres.
We are also looking to fill a fixed term contract (required until October 2012) post.
For further details about this post and all our current vacancies, please visit our website and download an application pack.
Closing date: 22nd June 2012.
We are an Equal opportunities employer. Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check and medical assessment, which must be satisfactory to the organisation. All offers are subject to references satisfactory to the organisation.
“Platform 51 is the operating name of YWCA England & Wales”