This job has now expired
The Geffrye Museum is in Shoreditch, east London, set in former almshouses surrounded by beautiful gardens with mature trees. It is a unique and specialist museum which explores the home from 1600 to the present day through a series of period rooms, representing the tastes and values of the middle ranks of English urban society. This theme is further explored through temporary exhibitions and an extensive and highly-regarded education programme.
We have embarked on a capital development project with David Chipperfield Architects to address three strategic issues:
• rising visitor numbers causing overcrowding and congestion;
• overstretched facilities for education and dissemination; and
• poor storage conditions and limited access to the collections and library.
These issues make a compelling case for change. But change is also driven by and is underpinned by our strategic vision for the Geffrye to become the Museum of the Home, a centre for learning, discovery and dissemination about all aspects of the history of the home.
The ideal candidate for the Development Director role will have:
• Senior level experience of fundraising and managing a successful development function, ideally within a museum or similar cultural organisation, or with transferable skills gained within a charity fundraising environment.
• A proven track record of success in delivering fundraising income against demanding targets.
• Experience of leading a capital campaign for a building project.
• Ability to communicate effectively and enthusiastically about the museum and its fundable projects to potential funders.
An application pack including full job description and person specification is attached.
For informal enquiries or if you would like to discuss the role by phone please contact Kate Brooks by email Kate.firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY Please complete the attached application form and send with full CV by email to Kate Brooks, Jane Kaufmann Associates by clicking Apply now.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 11th June at 5pm
FIRST INTERVIEWS: Wednesday 20th June
SECOND INTERVIEWS Wednesday 4th July
How to apply
You are required to submit an additional application form when applying for this job. Please download the form below (or from the top of the page) and complete it before applying for this job.
Have the completed form ready on your computer to attach to your application. Click 'Apply now' and that's it.