This job has now expired
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales, currently employing over 1,600 people and with more than 166 branches. Its mission is to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate suffering of all animals, nationally and internationally. The Society funds its annual running costs, currently in excess of £100m, almost exclusively by voluntary donations and legacies.
We are looking for a charismatic, robust individual, with a high level of commercial awareness and a strong commitment to animal welfare, to lead and deliver the organisation’s strategic aims, providing advice and support over a range of key disciplines.
• To create effective, integrated and dynamic communications and campaigning, educational and marketing strategies to fulfil the Society’s objectives.
• To consult, lead and inspire top teams to deliver challenging targets.
• Powerful negotiating, influencing and communication skills
• Demonstrable experience in building and sustaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Responsibility for public relations and acting as the principal spokesperson for the RSPCA.
You will possess:
• A successful and proven track record in leading communications, public affairs and marketing functions within a large scale, complex organisation.
• Excellent management and communication skills.
• An academic qualification at degree level
• A high level of commercial awareness and intellectual rigour, as well as a strong commitment to the mission of the RSPCA and passion for its purpose.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 1 June 2012
To apply for this role, click 'Apply now'