This job has now expired
The Green Party -Fundraising and Membership Development Officer - London - Circa 28,000
The Green Party is proud to be financed by its growing membership and supporter base. We are also proud of our continued electoral success; with our breakthrough into UK parliament in 2010, our first ever local authority administration in 2011, and most recently leap-frogging the Liberal Democrats in the London 2012 Mayoral election race, whilst holding our Assembly seats.
Looking towards the European elections in 2014 and a General Election in 2015, we now need to significantly increase our funding base, sustain growth in our membership, and boost our supporter base, so we can match our operational aims with our electoral aspirations.
Main aims / Outline of the role:
• The implementation and management of specific fundraising activities
• Contributing to the development and implementation of the Green Party’s fundraising strategy and membership and supporter strategies
• The development and growth of our digital supporter base
• Growing our major donor fundraising capacity
• To be responsible for the production and distribution of fundraising appeals within agreed deadlines, managing external agencies and suppliers as necessary. Ensure returns are processed in a timely manner, results tracked, and a suitable response given to donors.
• To manage, promote and develop affinity fundraising schemes
• To promote and develop legacy fundraising
• To develop the Party’s major donor fundraising to ensure the appropriate relationships are maintained with major donors and potential major donors, and to identify and plan potential asks that are appropriate for this audience
• To capitalise on any other fundraising opportunities
Membership & Supporter Development
• Develop and maintain membership recruitment schemes
• Develop communications with the Party’s supporters, particularly using online channels, to convert supporters to members
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the Party’s profile raising strategies
• Develop and implement a member retention plan
In conjunction with the Membership Administration Officer:
• Manage the membership renewal process
• Regularly review the content of new members’ packs and other standard letters and mailings
• To actively liaise with and work with our membership and fundraising agents to ensure continuity in our planned fundraising and membership development activities
• To maintain and develop, under the direction of the Fundraising and Financial Development Committee, an overall fundraising strategy that links effectively with the Party’s electoral goals
• Support the budget setting process for the financial year 2013 in terms of fundraising and membership development projected income and planned expenditure.
• To continually assess the success level of all fundraising activities and provide regular reports and recommendations for improvement to the Chief Executive and the Fundraising and Financial Development Committee
• To develop the potential of existing fundraising schemes
• To research and develop new fundraising schemes
• Prepare and manage fundraising and membership development budgets, working towards agreed annual income targets, in conjunction with the Finance Coordinator on the national Executive.
This post is right at the heart of our potential success. If you are passionate about our politics, have a background in direct marketing, and are armed with fundraising and membership development skills, please apply by 10th June.
For a full job/person specification for this role, please see the attached documents.
To apply for this role, click 'Apply now'
How to apply
You are required to submit an additional application form when applying for this job. Please download the form below (or from the top of the page) and complete it before applying for this job.
Have the completed form ready on your computer to attach to your application. Click 'Apply now' and that's it.