This job has now expired
Life Path Trust - Director of Finance & Development - Coventry - to £37,000 pa + benefits
Director of Finance & Development is a newly created role on the now three-strong senior management team of an established and very fast growing charity that’s delivering real results for people with learning disabilities.
We are Life Path Trust. Our mission is to enable people with learning disabilities to live their lives to the full, which we do by giving them the best support and services to enable them to feel valued and achieve their dreams, for example, helping them to live in their own flats.
Already, we have a turnover of £3m and support over 100 people, and we are working hard to deliver an exciting five-year people-led services and quality improvement plan.
As Director of Finance & Development you will be responsible for:
• Operations – ensuring that we operate at all times within legal and statutory requirements, ensuring best practice in audit and financial reporting, establishing both-way communications, and ensuring that all of our services are financially viable.
• Promotion – seeing that our financial, administration, HR and H&S activities are highly regarded by the Commissioners and that individuals and organisations have a high opinion of us.
• Strategic Finance and HR – advising and guiding the CEO, Directors and Trustees and continually improving financial reporting, use and management of human resources and personalisation of financial information for service users.
• Leadership – living and demonstrating our values, bringing in new ideas and initiatives and showing subsidiaries and other organisations that we have great values and high quality services
• Developing new business – seeking out and creating opportunities, leading well costed, planned and presented tenders, marketing the full spectrum of our services, winning and building business.
As Director of Finance & Development you will need to have:
• Solid experience – a strong track record in accounting and staff management, strategic finance management and strategic HR management
• Professional qualifications – such as MBA, FCA, FCCA and membership of a professional body such as ICAEW, CIMA, IPD or CMI
• Strong skills – particularly in communicating, negotiating and presenting, as well as ability to analyse information and draw sound conclusions from it, not to mention flair for spotting business openings
• Commitment – passion for the rights of people with learning disabilities, dedication to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities, team spirit and a good sense of humour when the going gets tough
Closing date: 8th June 2012
To apply for this role, click 'Apply now'