This job has now expired
Job Title: Development Manager
Position Type: Fulltime, initial 2 year contract with possibility for extension
Location: The Woodford Foundation, Shrewsbury, SHROPSHIRE
Salary Range: Circa £32,000
Date posted: 1st May 2012
Application deadline: 10th June 2012
Responsible to: Chief Executive, The Woodford Foundation
Final interviews to be held on: 3rd July 2012
Apply in writing to: Mathew Gilbert
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Woodford Foundation, 9 College Hill, Shrewsbury, SHROPSHIRE SY1 1LZ
The Shropshire Christian Association with Deaf People (SCAD) was established, in 1963, by the Church Mission to the Deaf and Dumb in South Staffordshire and Shropshire, to oversee the delivery of services in Shropshire for deaf people. However, in 1993 it was decided that SCAD would operate separately and became an independent charity in its own right. In 2003 SCAD sold Brierley House, the centre for deaf people that had outlived its traditional role, the proceeds of which have since been invested.
In 2011, SCAD undertook a review of services for deaf people in the Shropshire region. The key findings were that there is a need for additional services and it was suggested that new services be piloted/tested and that research is required to quantify unmet needs and test models of delivery. The overall conclusions point to a role for SCAD – in researching needs, as an innovator/provider of a small range of services, as a partner in some services and an enabler in others.
SCAD has now made an agreement with The Woodford Foundation, a Shropshire based charity assisting deaf children and young people around the world, to host and manage the initial stages of organisational and service development. SCAD is looking to recruit a Development Manager to start-up, develop and then manage this new direction for the organisation.
To research, initiate and develop services provided by SCAD for deaf, hard of hearing, deafened and deafblind people in Shropshire.
· Responsibility for the creation of a business development plan which looks for opportunities where SCAD can develop services and projects for its beneficiary groups and so that SCAD can sustain and grow as an organisation.
· Develop links and partnerships with existing and potential stakeholders both within and outside of Shropshire.
· Researches gaps in services for deaf people and the Shropshire region.
· Develop projects and services for the purpose of assisting vulnerable deaf people.
· Locate or propose potential new projects and/or services by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
· Develop and work to annual budgets and implementation plans.
· Develop a Fundraising Strategy which will form the basis for the income generation for the organisation for the next three years.
· Create diverse fundraising streams so as to enhance and grow the organisations services and projects along with maintaining a substantial amount of reserves.
1. Proven experience in developing services and/or projects, preferably within the Not-for-Profit sector.
2. Proven experience and success in securing funds from a variety of sources
3. Proven experience in managing services and/or projects.
4. Excellent planning, budgeting, communications and presentation skills.
5. Good computer skills in the area of excel, word and powerpoint.
6. Excellent time management skills
7. Excellent attention to detail
8. Knowledge of deaf services and the issues surrounding the deaf community would be an advantage.
All deaf applicants will be offered an initial interview. Please inform us if you have a hearing impairment with your application.