This job has now expired
• Work with team members, delivering reactive and proactive PR.
• Writing press releases and responses to announcements
• Identifying, initiating and placing newsworthy stories, case studies and features in both print and online media
• Support raising the local profile of the Books for Free network, and mainstreaming the Adopt-A-Plot Initiative
• Monitor news for relevant stories and news trends
• Coordinate pro-bono support
• Support the Marketing & Communications Manager in implementing Healthy Planet’s Marketing & Communications Plan
• Work with the wider team to develop and implement Healthy Planet’s marketing campaigns
• Ensure that the Healthy Plant website content is kept relevant and up to date
• Build and nurture external relationships with a range of target market audiences, online and offline, especially through the use of a social media network (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc)
• Manage the print and design requirements of Healthy Planet – ensuring that all materials are delivered within budget and timescales, and are on-brand and on-message
• Protect and enhance the reputation of Healthy Planet.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience working within a marketing team, displaying knowledge and understanding of current marketing techniques. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in communications, marketing and media. You will also be an effective and engaging communicator with experience of social networking sites aimed at young people, and women in their mid- 30’s and over. You will be passionate about the environment, and in particular understand the relationship between the health of the planet and the health and well-being of the world’s population.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• A minimum of 2 years marketing experience
• A qualification in marketing or related subject, ideally hold a CIM qualification
• Experience running mail shots and email marketing campaigns
• Experience of updating websites and newsletters
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
• Experience of managing offline marketing collateral
• Excellent writing skills and a good attention to detail
• Self-starter with the ability to use own initiative to identify creative marketing solutions
• Team player
• Ability to build media networks and make and maintain connections
• Good research skills
• Punctual & good time management
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a busy office environment
• Good level of computer literacy, ideally including use of CMS, ESP, Social Media, Website Analytics, Email Vision
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button. Application Deadline: Friday 25th May. Interviews for successful candidates to be held Friday 1st June.