This job has now expired
The Communications and Media Manager will develop and implement media and communications strategies which contribute to the achievement of the Charities aims and objectives through media coverage and communications channels, including development of organisational messages, themes and core values.
To ensure the most effective implementation of media strategies though the development and ongoing management of a range of media services, including planning, ensuring 24 hour media cover, administrative systems, use of databases, review and monitoring, press cuttings.
Carry out media activities to maximise media opportunities for the Charities promotional, public information, fundraising, events and publishing activities, contributing articles and press releases as required.
Plan and estimate the Media and Communications Team budget needs and control spend within the agreed budget; advise on media equipment or technology needs.
Who we're looking for
As the Communications and Media Manager you will lead a seven-strong team whose collective responsibilities and skills include:
- Providing an effective and rapid response to high profile media issues
- Creating and implementing communications and media strategies which raise the profile of our campaigns and help us to win them
- Offering a first class service to journalists including swift access to information, comment, interviewees and organisational expertise
- Writing articles, blogs, press releases, statements and internal and external briefings
- Commissioning online content and managing our profile on social networking sites
- Developing and managing relationships with celebrity supporters
- Managing media and public relations issues
About our client
A London based Charity