This job has now expired
Regional Fundraising Manager
Circa £30,000 - £34,000 pa
Home-based, South East
12 months fixed-term
Are you a strategic individual who can develop and drive fundraising opportunities to help us beat cancer?
We’re looking for a proactive and confident Regional Fundraising Manager to...
• Implement a Regional Fundraising Plan to develop regional goals that support and deliver our National Fundraising Strategy
• Lead and manage your team of Fundraisers to develop their skills to achieve area and regional targets
• Develop and oversee relationships with key supporters and stakeholders
• Set and deliver agreed fundraising budgets/regional targets and monitor monthly income/expenditure.
Beating cancer is a real challenge. Here at Cancer Research UK we have 3,500 talented people who are passionate about achieving this vision and thrive in our complex, diverse and dynamic environment.
Now we need a Regional Fundraising Manager to drive the success of our fundraising department and help us reach our ambitious volunteer fundraising income targets of £30 million per annum. We can’t achieve our goals without maximising revenues so we need to ensure we develop and drive the national Volunteer Fundraising Strategy within the South East region as much as possible to help us achieve these high targets.
You can help us save millions of lives through...
• Your strong experience of managing a field team, such as Fundraisers or Sales staff
• Proven experience of setting, managing and delivering targets
• Proven experience of successfully developing long term growth strategies
• Your excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and negotiate with staff and supporters at all levels.
As this is a regional home based role you must also be willing to work outside of usual office hours, travel extensively and stay away from home as required.
Our passion, determination and ambition lead us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets.
This means that you’ll need to be commercially aware with a proven track record of successful delivery of income and expenditure budgets. You’ll have experience of distance management of a diverse team of people, including Fundraisers or Sales staff as well as experience of performance management. You’ll also need to have the ability to encourage and bring others with you in in your team, demonstrating an innovative and creative approach to volunteer fundraising to maintain Cancer Research UK’s position as a leader in its field.
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard to beat cancer – together.
For more information about the Volunteer Fundraising Team at cancer Research UK please see our website http://supportus.cancerresearchuk.org/fundraising-for-us/
How to Apply
All applications should be made via the Cancer Research UK careers website, where you’ll need to create a profile before you can submit an application. Our online application process also involves attaching your CV and Covering letter which should outline your interest in applying for the role and explain specifically how your experience meets the key criteria for the role.
You can apply for a job by clicking on the Apply link at the bottom of this job posting which will redirect you to our website.
Our Supporter Fundraising team is already the market leader in our competitive sector and we want it to stay that way.
Closing date: 20th May 2012