This job has now expired
Malaria No More UK is an innovative charity working tirelessly to end the suffering and deaths caused by malaria. Since its inception 3 years ago, the organisation has helped protect over 10 million people from malaria in Ghana, Namibia and Botswana. MNM UK has also encouraged the British government to make malaria one of its top international development priorities, and increased British public awareness and understanding of the disease as a serious health threat in developing countries.
Malaria No More UK is looking for a dynamic individual to lead this small but ambitious NGO. You will have operational responsibility for the organisation as a whole: overseeing the charity’s efforts to raise funds and awareness for malaria, and our investments in high impact programmes on the ground. You will set the charity’s strategic direction in conjunction with the Board and senior management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- senior management experience with responsibility for setting and implementing strategy
- a good understanding of and interest in international development issues and the development sector in the UK and internationally
- experience of fundraising
- experience of working on high level advocacy and communications campaigns
- understanding of the issues surrounding effective programme implementation on the ground
- the passion and commitment to tackle malaria, combining creativity with the drive to deliver results.
If you would like to receive an Application Pack for this post, please send your CV in the first instance to Alexandra Kurn via this advert.
The closing date for completed applications is 9am on Wednesday 6th June 2012.