This job has now expired
HEAD OF VOLUNTEER TRAINING & POLICY
Are you a highly organised training professional with experience of planning and delivering large scale training programmes and of managing volunteers or employees? Join SSAFA as Head of Volunteer Training & Policy and help strengthen an already excellent team which currently maintains ten training programmes and a range of conferences and events each year.
As Head of Volunteer Training & Policy, you will:
• provide our volunteers with the skills needed to carry out their roles effectively
• direct, manage and develop a team of Training Officers to design and deliver high quality training events to meet training needs
• plan an annual programme of training to match demand and continually evaluate and review training
• build effective working relationships with branches and in-service committees
To join us as Head of Volunteer Training & Policy, you will need:
• an understanding of the challenges of working with volunteer led and delivered services
• a nationally recognised training qualification and demonstrable experience in all aspects of the training cycle
• excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships with individuals at all levels
• the ability to present to large conferences and small groups
• budget management skills
It is a requirement of this role, to undertake regular travel within the UK and occasional travel overseas, which will involve overnight(s) stays away from home.
Who are we? We are SSAFA Forces Help – a leading national charity, dedicated to helping and supporting those who serve in the armed forces, those who used to serve, and the families of both. Our work is varied and our aims are clear – and you could help us succeed.
Closing date: Friday 18th May 2012.
For an informal discussion, please contact, Sarah Skinner, Volunteer Support Personal Assistant on 0207 463 9209.
For a job description and personal specification pack please visit www.ssafa.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/jobs/. To apply please send your CV, a cover letter and a one page supporting statement to us by clicking on the 'Apply now' button, quoting ref no: HoVTP12.
SSAFA Forces Help is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to using the Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure Service.
Registered Charity Numbers: 210760 (England and Wales) SC038056 (Scotland). Established 1885.