This job has now expired
The stigma of mental illness and the fear of being in a hospital prevent many people from seeking help.
Maytree offers a short stay in a safe residential setting where people can talk, reflect and rest - and restore hope. Maytree is a place where people will be heard, respected and accepted, without judgement and in confidence.
The Head of Development is responsible for fundraising at Maytree, and will increase income from trusts and foundations, establish new income streams and external relationships, and assist the Director with securing statutory funding and developing fundraising strategy.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assisting the Director with developing and implementing a fundraising strategy appropriate and sufficiently diverse to ensure Maytree’s immediate and longer term needs both at its current premises and at its new premises in South London.
2. Fundraising through current and new grant making organisations (trusts, corporate and individuals), including researching and identifying new prospects, matching them to suitable projects and initiatives and writing carefully targeted proposals, also assisting the Director with approaches to statutory funders. Building / sustaining relationships / reporting to funders.
3. Overseeing efficient acknowledgement and recording of all gifts, generating fundraising reports and ensuring accuracy and completeness of the fundraising database
4. Developing other fundraising streams (legacies, payroll giving etc.)
5. Enthusing and coordinating volunteer fundraising efforts
6. Creating fundraising materials and policies and assisting the Director in creating other communications materials and policies
7. Ensuring donations are given with Gift Aid where possible and co-ordinating corresponding admin
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.