This job has now expired
Rare Breeds Survival Trust - Managing Director - Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire - £40,000 - £45,000
The position of Managing Director is a unique role that aims to combine strong leadership and managerial skills within a livestock conservation charity. The candidate will be adaptable, personable and confident in their ability to make decisions and will act as the public face of the charity. The position requires full commitment to the aims and values of RBST (please visit https://www.rbst.org.uk/new-job-opportunity-at-rbst for full application details).
Main purpose of role
1. Providing overall management and leadership of RBST in accordance with its plans and strategy.
2. Monitoring and developing the charity’s plans and strategies in line with policy.
3. Developing RBST using modern business practices to ensure its valuable work continues for the benefit of future generations.
4. Acting as the key interface between Board of Trustees, staff and stakeholders.
5. Keeping the Council up to date on governance, operational and national conservation issues.
6. Ensuring the core work of the conservation team adheres to charity objectives and is fully supported by Development and Fundraising.
7. Liaising with relevant national bodies, organisations and other stakeholders for the strategic development of RBST.
• Educated to degree level in a science subject.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
• The ability to plan, think and act strategically.
• The ability to meet and exceed set targets.
• IT skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and databases.
• Effective team management.
• Leadership of a small organisation.
• Experience in overseeing and managing budgets
• Experience of presenting complex issues at a senior level.
• Proven record of managing resources effectively and efficiently.
• A good understanding of conservation issues and measures relating to UK domestic livestock
• Experience and/or an understanding of charity management.
• A broad grasp of legal and financial issues relevant to charities
• Practical knowledge and experience of UK domestic livestock and farming.
• A first degree or postgraduate qualification in animal science, agricultural science or similar subject is desirable.
• An awareness of fundraising practices.
• Familiarity with managing volunteers.
To apply for this role, click 'Apply now'