This job has now expired
As a member of a small multi-disciplined communications and marketing team, you will:
• communicate key messages to external and internal audiences in order to enhance knowledge and understanding of SSAFA
• be involved in designing PR campaigns, writing press releases, articles and online copy and responding to external media enquiries
• initiate, develop and maintain strong relationships with media contacts
• evaluate media coverage reports to ensure effective monitoring of PR campaigns
To join us as PR Officer, you will need:
• experience in a press or PR environment
• excellent all-round communication skills with a flair for presenting information clearly, accurately and persuasively
• a firm focus on proactive media relations and a strong news sense
• excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
• the ability to work on your own initiative to prioritise diverse and changing demands whilst contributing positively to a team
Who are we? We are SSAFA Forces Help, the leading national charity dedicated to helping and supporting those who serve in the Armed Forces, those who used to serve, and the families of both. Our work is exciting and varied and we assist more than 50,000 people each year. You could help us to succeed.
Apply with CV and a covering letter by clicking on the 'Apply now' button, or visit our website www.ssafa.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/jobs/ for a full job description and person specification
The closing date for applications is Sunday 13th May 2012.