This job has now expired
PR & Communications Manager/Executive
• To implement the hospices communications strategy and agree future developments and objectives in conjunction with the Director of Fundraising & Marketing and Senior Management Team.
• To deliver communications activities that support the organisations strategic objectives.
• Work alongside our fundraising, marketing and shops teams to support and enhance their activities.
• To run an effective communications service focusing on internal, external and professional communications challenges, that meet the needs of the Hospice.
• To ensure all communication channels are fully integrated and appropriately positioned for each of the key audiences with whom the Hospice is communicating.
• Responsible for drafting/overseeing that hospice publications, including annual reports, corporate leaflets, staff newsletter and press articles are consistent in style, tone and language.
• To work closely with the Marketing Manager to provide consistent tone and style of language for marketing literature.
• Plan, manage and commission the work of specialist contractors and freelance staff (e.g. PR, photography) where appropriate and in line with Hospice requirements. • Responsible for ensuring the content of the hospices electronic communications are accurate, consistent and represent the style and tone that is Saint Francis Hospice.
• Work closely with the marketing team to ensure key messages and marketing campaigns are integrated across the organisation both internally and professionally as well as maximising any external opportunities.
• Work with the CEO and Director of Fundraising & Marketing to strengthen and review internal communications within the Hospice including; intranet, email and electronic briefs and staff newsletter.
• Develop an effective communications service, by providing advice guidance and support to colleagues across the organisation.
• Develop and implement a communications plan that keeps all professionals working with or for Saint Francis Hospice up to date about the organisation and its work.
• Act as the PR and Communications lead for the organisation providing advice and guidance on the hospice’s approach to communications and contribute to strategy discussions.
• Oversee positive media relations, including crisis management and the planning of a broad programme of press activity to a range of media outlets in conjunction with the Communications team.
• Develop good working relationships with key media contacts, locally, regionally and nationally and develop a network of key contacts.
• Identify and maximise on PR opportunities, generating news stories and placing press material, using resources across the team and freelance support where appropriate.
• Work with the fundraising and trading teams to develop appropriate supporting material to deliver key messages that are consistent across both organisations.
• To organise the planning of PR/media releases and work collaboratively with hospice teams to ensure priorities and planned and workload is managed accordingly.
• Provide solid leadership, direction and performance management of staff responsible for communications and PR (for Manager role).
• Agree and manage the Communications & PR budget with the Director of Fundraising & Marketing.
• Develop and negotiate robust contracts with contractors, suppliers and freelance staff in conjunction with the Director of Fundraising & Marketing.
• Ensure communication policies and procedures are up to date and are compliant with relevant health and safety legislation.
• Provide regular monthly reports to the Director of Fundraising and Marketing.
• Manage the team of volunteers that support the PR and Communications team.
• The PR and Communications Manager will be expected to maintain high professional standards and to keep abreast of relevant issues and to continue his/her own personal and professional development. The Hospice will provide relevant education and development opportunities where it is deemed appropriate.
• Carry out any other duties reasonably assigned by the Director of Fundraising & Marketing or CEO.
• Adhere to Hospice policies and procedures.
This job description reflects current aspects of the post and applicants must be aware that the Hospice is constantly changing and developing its services. This may mean changes in the role of PR & Communications Manager and the successful application will be one who demonstrates a flexible attitude and willingness to embrace changes in the interests of the service.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button to submit your CV and cover letter.