This job has now expired
Director of Resources
Salary: up to £43,186 per annum dependent on experience
Full Time, Godalming, Surrey
The League Against Cruel Sports was established in 1924 and works to end cruelty to animals in the name of ‘sport’. As one of Britain’s leading animal welfare charities, today our key campaigns cover dogfighting, bullfighting, shooting, and hunting with dogs. We have tens of thousands of supporters and our work is going from strength to strength.
We are seeking a dynamic and charismatic leader of corporate resources with ACCA or comparable financial qualification. The successful candidate will be a resourceful and organised corporate player with excellent team management and communication skills, a proven ability to work at a senior level and a successful track record of managing corporate resources, including setting and managing large budgets:
• Be an integral part of the League Against Cruel Sports Leadership Group, contributing to the overall corporate management and direction.
• Be responsible for the strategic direction and effective management of the League’s corporate resources, including ensuring sound corporate governance and the effective management of the League’s financial, property, people management, administrative and legal services.
• Develop and maintain effective policies, procedures and systems for the efficient use of the League's resources, ensuring compliance with statutory and policy requirements, including providing quality professional advisory services to the organisation, its staff and its stakeholders.
• Provide information, plans, reports, and actions to meet the League’s requirements, ambitions and success generally and specifically in relation to corporate resources plans, objectives and operations.
• Manage financial and corporate services, providing for the effective sourcing and operation of contracts and suppliers of services, financial and audit services and ensuring the delivery of service standards and service level agreements to meet the League's requirements.
• Be a corporate ambassador and advocate for the League, actively promoting support for the League and promoting positive relations with external contacts and stakeholders.
If this sounds like something of interest to you, click on the 'Apply now' button. Closing date for applications will be Monday 14 May, 2012. Initial interviews are planned for the week commencing 28 May, 2012.