Corporate Account Manager
Corporate Account Manager
Reporting to: Director of Fundraising
Status: Full-time permanent
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
London’s Air Ambulance is the charity which runs London’s helicopter emergency medical service. The service provides pre-hospital medical care to victims of serious injury, at the scene of the incident, throughout London - serving the 10 million people who live, work and commute within the M25.
Based at the Royal London Hospital and founded in 1989, the service is unique in that it operates 24/7, with the helicopter running in daylight hours and rapid response cars taking over at night.
The Team, which at all times includes a Senior Trauma Doctor and a specially trained Paramedic, perform advanced medical interventions, normally only found in the Hospital Emergency Department, in time critical, life threatening situations. Missions commonly involve serious road traffic collisions, falls from height, industrial accidents, assaults and injuries on the rail network.
London’s Air Ambulance has an international reputation for clinical excellence and delivers pioneering procedures which have been adopted across the world.
To be responsible for managing, cultivating, developing and growing relationships with supporting companies to maximise financial support.
The Corporate Account Manager will report directly to the Director of Fundraising but will work closely with the Senior Corporate Fundraiser (New Business) and the fundraising team to share contacts, opportunities, best practice with primary focus on achieving and sustaining corporate fundraising income. The successful post holder will manage Charity of the Year relationships in the first instance and manage ongoing relationships with new corporate sponsors.
- Research new opportunities by proposal writing and making pitches
- Identify and approach companies for financial and non-financial support via a number of options including; local Charity of the Year partners, sponsorship of events, cause related marketing, payroll giving schemes etc.
- Account manage existing portfolio of companies building solid relationships with all corporate supporters
- For key relationships gain an understanding of company objectives, motivations and statistics and develop stewardship plans and proactively encourage to engage in the charities events programme
- Ensure database is utilised and records are kept accurate and up-to-date
- Build excellent relationships with participants and look for opportunities to work together in future
- Gain PR for the campaign
- Ensure relevant feedback from participants is collected to inform future decisions
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year’s experience of working in an account management role
- Confident personality with the ability to negotiate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare inspiring correspondence, proposals and presentations to a range of corporate supporters
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build strong relationships with key individuals both inside and outside the organisation
- Experience or good understanding of fundraising / volunteering, charity of the year, payroll giving, sponsorship and cause related marketing
- IT literate with good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages and databases
- Flexible and ability to work on own initiative
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button to submit your CV and cover letter.