This job has now expired
The Succeed Foundation is a new charity which wants to make a positive difference to the lives of millions of people through fundraising and investment in innovative research and the promotion of ground-breaking prevention programmes. This is currently an exciting time to join as we are now building the team and looking forward to the development and expansion of our work both in the UK and internationally.
One principle guides everything we do: Facts. Not figures. And here is the most important fact: Recovery is possible for everyone who suffers from an eating disorder. The task is huge, but we have good reason for optimism.
This is a mainly external-facing, delivery focused role that requires a confident, energetic multi-tasker who can take responsibility for the following key areas:
a) On-going development and implementation of the strategic plan, working closely with Succeed’s CEO, and a specific focus on funding within it
b) Developing partnerships and sponsorship
It is intended that this role will work principally with the CEO of the charity, on development and implementation of the strategy plan, and with external audiences and stakeholders on fundraising and developing partnerships. The role requires someone with the capability to identify and develop relationships with and propositions for, Succeed’s potential partners and funders; and also with the ability to forge good links with all other members of the Succeed team. Applicants are not expected to have come from the Eating Disorders field, however, experience or knowledge would be beneficial but not essential.
Experience and skills requirements
• Educated to degree level or post-graduate level.
• With at least 10 years’ experience of fundraising or business development in a charity, or in a company or services business.
• Evidence of achievement of business development or fundraising targets.
• Excellent strategic insight and planning experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of establishing relationships with people at all levels
• Strong writing, proposition building and presentation skills.
• Good basic project management and financial management experience.
• Strong relationship-building and commercial skills
• Positive, energetic and capable of being a great ambassador for the charity
• Delivery focused and used to working to tight deadlines – a “doer”
• Highly motivated and productive
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills
• Innovative and proactive
• Persuasive and good at negotiating
• Diplomatic, professional and well presented; calm under pressure.
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter by clicking the 'apply' button.
Deadline 18th May 2012.
Whilst we will endeavour to respond to everyone, this is not always possible due to the large number of applications received. If we have not responded within two weeks of the deadline we will not be taking your application forward.