This job has now expired
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), www.unhcr.org, seeks a Senior Global PSFR Officer (Americas) to join its international team of Private Sector Fund Raising (PSFR) experts responsible for co-ordinating, advising and supporting PSFR markets in the Americas region.
Established in 1950, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR, www.unhcr.org) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. A staff of around 6,650 people in more than 110 countries continues to help 34.4 million people today.
The Senior Global PSFR Officer (Americas) is part of an international team of Private Sector Fundraising (PSFR) experts expected to co-ordinate, advice and support PSFR markets in the region. The post holder is the organization’s focal point for contacts with the corporate sector and foundations as well as existing and potential major donors.
The incumbent serves as the Global Advisor and Liaison person between the assigned country offices/National Associations in the regional grouping and PSFR, HQ and the Americas Bureau.
S/he will have global management responsibility initially for existing markets (Canada and USA) as well as for developing new markets.
• Develop a regional PSFR strategy;
• Support the development of PSFR Annual Plans and Budgets;
• Manage the total regional budget and reporting;
• Manage relations with key regional private sector donors / supporters, including regional corporate partners, high net worth individuals and trusts;
• Co-ordinate, lead or act as focal point for PSFR international working groups, task forces, special projects and other strategic and management tasks as and when required;
• Manage UNHCR / PSFR staff in the region;
• Provide support, advice and training (including skill-shares and meetings) to PSFR partners on testing and implementing PSFR techniques as well as regional guidelines and tools where necessary;
• Develop with each country their applications to the Income Growth Fund (IGF) in line with Annual Plans and opportunities arising in each market;
• Manage and ensure timely reporting on UNHCR’s PSFR investments in the regional grouping (including through the IGF);
• Recommend and oversee any new market entry in the region and analyze the competitive environment (Key Performance Indicators) to monitor PSFR performance and make recommendations to the Representative and the Chief, National Fundraising Section;
• Compile PSFR forecasts and monitor reporting within the regional grouping and report on performance; evaluate the fundraising effectiveness within the regional grouping and making timely recommendations to achieve or surpass targets.
• Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
• Enforce the organization’s global private sector fundraising strategy in the region;
• Give final regional approval to national and regional PSFR implementation of activities within agreed regional budgets and annual plans;
• Approve regional fundraising messages and campaigns to engage UNHCR with private sector in the region within the global PSFR messaging and frameworks policy and guidelines.
• Approve UNHCR’s corporate brand and its delivery for public engagement within the region and following PSFR global guidelines.
• A university degree in business/marketing, social sciences or a related discipline plus 10 years’ previous relevant work experience with 5 - 8 years’ private sector fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organisation or an international organisation or a marketing/fundraising consultancy firm with at least 2 years at an international level.
• An advanced university degree in business/marketing, social sciences or a related discipline plus 8 years’ previous relevant work experience with 5 - 8 years private sector fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organisation or an international organisation or a marketing/fundraising consultancy firm with at least 2 years at an international level.
** Though an advanced university degree is desirable, more important is equivalent proven experience in private sector fundraising for international not-for-profit organisations. Currently PSFR is not available as a degree course and therefore increased experience is preferable.
• Current market knowledge of PSFR in the region is essential.
• International PSFR experience in minimum of 3-5 countries
• Proven ability to meet fundraising targets.
• Proven expertise and up-to-date knowledge in existing and new PSFR techniques including direct marketing and direct response fundraising, telemarketing, monthly donor programmes such as face-to-face, mass appeals, major donor fundraising, e-fundraising and emergency fundraising.
• English and Spanish essential and additional languages an asset (either UN official languages or a language of PSFR’s key fundraising partners in the region).
How to apply:
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to Isabel Leal by clicking on the 'Apply now' button.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Senior Global PSFR Officer (Americas) - UNHCR” in the email subject line. Also please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is 21 May, 2012, 11pm CET