Senior Fundraising Officer, High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs)
Based in London, and Reporting to the Chief of Section (Leadership Giving), the Senior Fundraising Officer (HNWIs) will ensure the achievement of the goals and aims of the HNWIs programme in terms of income target raised, positive impact on UNHCR’s programmes and the agency’s reputation as a global partner of choice for wealthy individuals.
Established in 1950, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR, www.unhcr.org) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. A staff of around 6,650 people in more than 110 countries continues to help 34.4 million people today.
Reporting to the Chief of Section (Leadership Giving), the Senior Fundraising Officer (HNWIs) will ensure the achievement of the goals and aims of the HNWIs programme in terms of income target raised, positive impact on UNHCR’s programmes and reputation as a global partner of choice for wealthy individuals. This includes effective management of relationships with Leadership donors globally, regionally and an empowered national network.
• Managing the High Networth Individuals (HNWIs) Fundraising Unit.
• Managing and developing funding relationships with existing and potential international donors capable of giving sizable gifts e.g. $1 million annually and above.
• Supporting the implementation of the Global Leadership Giving strategy HNWIs component in the national fundraising plans by providing functional management and guidance to Leadership Giving Officers in the Regions.
• Supporting the Chief, Leadership Giving Section to develop an annual fundraising plan for leadership giving in accordance with UNHCR’s strategic planning.
• Delegating responsibility to manage the annual budget for the HNWIs team, fulfilling management information and budget reporting requirements and target monitoring.
• Line management responsibility for the P2 Associate PSFR Officer.
• Delivering training and capacity building on major donor fundraising as required to the global PSFR network.
• Undertaking or commissioning research, proposal development and screening on HNWIs.
• Ensuring that meticulous records of all approaches to prospects and donors and their outcomes are recorded on UNHCR’s database.
• University degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Management.
• A minimum of 10 years fundraising experience with major fundraising organisations and/or with humanitarian agencies. Of 10 years required experience, at least 5 years should be in an international capacity directly relevant to the current position that should include exposure to working with HNWIs.
• The incumbent should be a seasoned professional whose expertise goes beyond the theoretical and technical knowledge of their field. He/She will be able to demonstrate at least 10 years experience in major gift fundraising where they have led a team proving a long-term vision and strategic perspective. They will have personally and via their team raised significant donations ($1 million plus) from influential and wealthy people and/or their companies and/or their foundations.
• He/she will have had managerial experience as a member of a national charity senior management team or similar in their previous employment. Experience of effective communication at senior levels and with wealthy and influential people, providing compelling case for support and leadership giving proposals
• The working language of the post is English; fluency in another UN language is highly desirable.
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) to Meagan Greenberg by clicking on the 'Apply now' button. All applications are confidential.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Senior PSFR HNWIs - UNHCR” in the email subject line. Also please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is 21 May, 2012