This job has now expired
Bus Users UK, the independent organisation which looks after the interests of bus passengers, is creating a new post of Chief Executive to manage its operations. The position will nominally be based in their office in Shepperton, Surrey but will cover their activities throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will head up a small team, based throughout the UK and work with the organisation’s Chair to:
• Increase the profile and influence of Bus Users UK and speak up for bus users
• Represent Bus Users UK to government and other bodies
• Manage Bus Users UK offices and activities, including a) developing new funding streams and commercial activities b) developing Bus Users UK’s on-line presence
• Create, develop and implement policies and procedures
The postholder will have a strong track record of:
• managing and developing a team
• presenting a good external image of an organisation with decision-makers, the media and in liaison with other organisations and bodies
• delivering projects, including those with a significant IT content, on time and within budget.
Experience of working in transport and/or consumer affairs would be an advantage. Please send your CV and a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) explaining how you meet the requirements of the post to Julian Osborne, PO Box 119, Shepperton TW17 8UX or by clicking on the 'Apply now' button. Closing date 09.00hrs on 8 May 2012.