This job has now expired
Help us give the world’s most vulnerable children the protection they need.
Child Rights Manager
£35,555 - £37,647 dependent on experience
Based: Milton Keynes (or London maybe possible)
Maternity Cover: anticipated 6-12 months
The world’s largest overseas aid charity, we deliver real change for millions of children in the hardest places in the world. Our mission is to bring governments, local authorities, community groups, businesses and individuals together to tackle the causes of injustice and poverty – and to transform eight million lives in almost 100 countries. When you join our 40,000 passionate people, your work will be felt where it matters.
Establishing World Vision UK as a leader within the NGO sector and a driving global force on children’s rights to care and protection, you will bring about lasting change through advocacy and innovative programmes. This will involve taking ownership of our overarching Child Protection strategy, developing a high-performing unit of policy and programme specialists, and overseeing all aspects of stakeholder analysis and management, budgetary control and scheduling. At the same time, you will support the development and delivery of marketing and media initiatives related to child protection, be an external spokesperson on child protection issues and build a compelling evidence base concerning the world’s most vulnerable and marginalised children.
To be equal to the challenge, you should:
• Be a seasoned development professional with impressive research, analysis, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have a strong understanding of child protection policy and programming, plus a proven record in project management.
• Bring in-depth knowledge of child rights issues and mechanisms, particularly in relation to child protection.
• Have a postgraduate qualification in International Relations, Human Rights or a related discipline.
• Possess knowledge of relevant institutions (DFID, HMG, EU and others).
Above all, you will be a passionate networker, thinker and relationship builder, and you will be ready to do whatever it takes to improve children’s lives.
To apply online, please click on the 'Apply now' button to view a full job description on our website.
Closing date: 19th April 2012 (10.00pm).
Expected interview dates: 1st and 3rd May 2012.