This job has now expired
Cornwall Air Ambulance has been flying for 25 years and without any central government support we are reliant on fundraising and donations from individuals, community groups and local businesses. We attend around 1000 incidents a year and the speed in which we can get medical professionals to a patient or transfer the patient to hospital can simply be the difference between life and death.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated team player to join our small fundraising team at our new air base in Newquay.
Working within a small team means that the role is a very varied one and we are looking for someone willing and able to multi task and complete a wide range of tasks. You will need to be organised, hardworking and motivated with strong experience in administrative support - along with a passion for helping to keep our helicopter flying!
Fundraising Assistant Job Description
Job Title: Fundraising Assistant
Reports to: Fundraising Manager
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week (with some evening and weekend work)
Annual leave: 28 days plus bank holidays
Salary: £15,000 – 17,500 (depending on experience)
Main Duties include:
1. Administrative Support & Finance Systems
· Provide administrative support to the Fundraising Manager and team
· Bank all donations and prepare personalised acknowledgement letters for
signature by the Fundraising Manager/team
· Maintain all fundraising, finance and administrative records; produce reports as required
· Keep donor records up to date and prepare accurate reports when required.
· Help with the counting of the collection jars on a weekly basis working closely with our collection jar collectors to coordinate collections around Cornwall.
· Responsible for producing fortnightly Just Giving and Virgin Money Giving reports and ensuring individual records are updated accordingly.
2. Donor Support
· In partnership with other members of the fundraising team provide administrative support, appropriate materials and recognition to third party fundraisers and other supporters, building their loyalty to Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust
· Deal with incoming correspondence and requests, drafting replies and sending out relevant information and ensuring that the donor has a positive experience
· Developing relationships with new individuals and community groups to encourage support
3. Activities & Events
· On occasion represent Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust at meetings and events, including making short speeches of thanks
· Set up, attend and wrap up events as part of the Fundraising Team (as well as manage admin support for the events)
· Responsible for the co-ordination of all materials required for events, eg advertising and promotional literature, fundraising/event packs, update emails and all correspondence
· Support all event participants (potential and current) throughout donor journey in order to encourage donor retention and repeat support
· Assist with event research and identify potential new events for development.
· Supporting the rest of the team to deliver against annual budgets, targets and strategic plans.
· Pro-active marketing of charity and events to increase number of potential donors
· Maintain stocks of stationery, materials and merchandise; recording usage as required
· Understand and comply with all relevant charity legislation and Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust policies and procedures
· To undertake such other duties as shall be deemed appropriate by the Fundraising Manager or the Chief Executive.
· Responsible for website updates keeping the events up to date, adding links to related web sites and adding news articles when appropriate.
· Experience of working in a team
· Experience of setting up and maintaining administration systems and providing administrative/customer support
· Experience of managing data bases and/or donor management systems
· Experience of processing income and using finance systems
· Ability to self-start and prioritise workload
· Strong organisational, planning and prioritising skills
· Excellent communication skills and confidence when dealing with people and networking
· Excellent IT Skills in using MS Office Outlook, email and internet and of using database software.
· Ability to motivate others and build strong working relationships with a wide range of people
· Enthusiasm and a passion for CAAT and our work
· Track record of working to performance related targets
· Able to work flexibly with some evening/weekend work (advance notice will be given)
· Full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle
· Commitment to continuing personal and professional development
· Experience of fundraising and donor support
· Experience of working with sponsored/challenge events
· Understanding of different supporter/volunteer needs and other methods of relationship building and fundraising
· Experience of organising fundraising events
· Experience of providing support at events
· Experience of working closely with volunteers
· Experience of public speaking
· Member of the Institute of Fundraising/Completed IOF training
· Experience of using Donor Strategy would be an advantage
· Experience of Content Management Systems for websites
· Challenge Event experience
Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust has an equality and diversity policy and we recruit and select employees in accordance with it.