£36,000 - £38,000
Join Save the Children as an Education Adviser and help us make immediate and lasting change for children through high impact activities including in education. It’s a big, ambitious agenda which is why we’re expanding our team.
We have recently finalised an ambitious new education strategy which aims to accelerate our efforts to:
• close the gap in early childhood care and education services with a particular focus on families with very young children;
• reverse gender inequality in education;
• secure universal access to basic education;
• ensure that all children leave school with the ability to read; and
• make sure children caught up in conflict and emergencies get an education.
Our strategy also sets out our desire to be globally known for our world class programming and for spreading innovation and best practice through evidence based research that impacts hundreds of millions of children. We also want to grow our partnerships with other actors to increase our reach and influence, including through our policy and advocacy work and by raising significantly more funds.
As Education Adviser you will:
• be the focal point for our work on increasing access to education for children in conflict affected fragile states (CAFS)
• be central to helping us achieve a figure of getting £3M to go to school in CAFS by managing programme development, implementation and resource mobilisation with a focus on increasing access manage programme development, implementation and resource mobilisation re reading project
• support the education team’s contribution to programme design and implementation
• provide education technical advice and support to our country programmes
As Education Adviser you will need:
• a passion for education
• passion and motivation to bring about change in education
• a professional, positive approach to project working
• the drive to impact on education globally
• experience in a similar role
• knowledge of the international education sector
We are looking for ambitious, motivated and experienced international development professionals with a passion for education who will join our respected team who are already having a transformative impact on education globally.
Save the Children works in more than 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
Closing date: 9th April 2012.
For more information and to apply, please click 'Apply now' to visit our website.
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguarding children.
Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
About Save the Children
We're the world's independent children's charity. We're outraged that millions of children are still denied proper healthcare, food, education and protection.