Events and Fundraising Manager
The Private Equity Foundation (PEF) was established in 2006 and has been backed by private equity firms and their advisors, including banks, law firms, accountancy firms, consultants and search firms. Our mission is to empower young people to reach their full potential. We do this by investing both money and expertise from the private equity community, to help excellent charities achieve a step-change in their impact. The Private Equity Foundation takes the best of private equity expertise and resources, and applies it to build stronger and more effective organisations in the charity sector. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in venture philanthropy and young peoples’ issues with proven success in event management.
As a small team, we are looking for someone comfortable doing a wide range of tasks from the basic administration of the event to the overall strategic management.
Main duties and responsibilities
• To work with the Head of Fundraising to develop the organisation’s events strategy and shape the events calendar
• Develop and grow new engagement activities and fundraising initiatives for members and supporters in line with the Fundraising strategy
• Manage the event from concept to production, working on budget. Monitor, evaluate and report against plans.
• Continually evaluate the fundraising and engagement events calendar, looking specifically at issues such as return on investment and time resources required.
• Ensure all events comply with legal requirements, health and safety regulations and the Institute of Fundraising codes of practice. Provide advice and support to the rest of the team, and donors organising events in aid of PEF, on these areas.
• Maintain a specialist knowledge of the fundraising and events environment in order to assess and develop new fundraising ideas and opportunities.
• Provide friendly and professional support to PEF event participants, ensuring they meet their fundraising targets and receive appropriate levels of support.
• Develop strong working relationships with members and supporters.
• Produce targeted engagement, communications, fundraising and publicity materials for all events fundraising initiatives and ensure the PEF brand guidelines are followed at all events.
• Liaising closely with the Head of Fundraising to identify and implement opportunities for event sponsorship, including writing proposals and attending pitch meetings
• Manage event committees which consist of key PEF stakeholders.
• Fully utililise, manage and maintain the Events database - ensuring efficient systems are in place.
• In addition to the PEF events calendar take responsibility for ad-hoc event opportunities that arise.
Skills and experience required:
• Experience of working within a fundraising environment in either the private equity industry, the charity sector, or the youth sector.
• Proven event management experience in initiating and managing tailored fundraising events.
• Proven event management experience involving high profile sponsors and guests
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Raisers Edge (or equivalent database)
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Experience of creating and implementing a strategy with clear objectives of growth.
• A can-do attitude, flexible, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• A clear understanding of and ideally experience of the private equity industry and venture philanthropy
How to apply
To apply please email your CV and a short cover letter by clicking on the 'Apply now' button. Applications must be received by Friday 16th March. We will contact shortlisted candidates for an interview.